Saturday, December 04, 2004

Mendoza

Quiet night last night, just a couple of beers, Up early this morning to catch the bus to Mendoza. It eventually left at 8.30 & I left with it, sporting my new hat I might add.
The bus left Santiago and within an hour we were starting to climb. For residents of Santiago these must be considered the Handy Andes.
The road reached its highest point at 3200m snow at the side of the road, although not much.
Great scenery I spent most of the bus journey looking out of the window. Passed over the border,which of course took ages, then down into Argentina. We passed through Punte des Incas which is where the trail head starts & I managed a short glance at the south face of Aconcagua. The really really annoying* thing is I have to travel 180K to Mendoza to buy a climbing pass for the Aconcagua park then travel 180K back again to start the trek. How bloody annoying* is that. Almost as annoying as forgetting how to spell annoying!!!!!(no spell chech here)
As its my first night in Argentina I am going to celebrate by having a special meal. My mouth is watering already, at the prospect of having a Fray Bentos Steak & Kidney pie, fresh from the tin. I'll expect to pay abit mind you as these delicacies* will only be served in the best restaurants.
It is very warm here 85+
I will by my pass tomorrow then do a shopping, porridge & stuff, then head on back to puntas des Incas on Monday.
Very well done Jamie on passing your test, do try not to crash into anything!
more tripe tomorrow.

Comments:
I was once given a book on Kylie Minogue and thought....mmmm I could get up that!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?